1739 N Street, Nw
The Tabard Inn is the oldest continuing running hotel in Washington DC opening its doors in 1922 by Marie Willoughby Rogers. The name Tabard Inn was drawn from Chaucer’s Canterbury tales and the place would forever revive itself in the hospitality of an old English Manor. The Inn’s early years were of social gatherings and afternoon tea, and the additions of the adjacent townhomes of 1741 and 1737 N St in the late 20s and early 30s completed what today is the entire property of the Tabard Inn. During World War II, the Inn became a boarding house for the Waves, (Navy Women Accepted to Emergency Services).